The sweet taste and distinctive perfume of pineapple have made it one of the most well-known fruits in the world.
Additionally, it has a wealth of vitamins and minerals that have a number of advantages.
But did you know that pineapple might be beneficial in the bedroom as well?
Pineapple has a variety of sexual benefits that might improve your sex life.
This fruit may boost testosterone production, improve libido, and serve as an aphrodisiac, among other things. Here is comprehensive information on the benefits of pineapple for sexual health.
Nutrition Benefit of Pineapples for Men
Despite having little calories, this fruit boasts an impressive nutritional profile. Fresh pineapple chunks in a cup provide:
- 22 g of carbohydrates
- 2.3 g of fibre
- 0.89 g of protein
- Energy: 82 g
- Fat: 0.20 g
- 88% of the DV for vitamin C (daily value)
- 109% of the DV for manganese
It also contains very little levels of calcium, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
The manganese concentration is what distinguishes the product. As a result, it plays a crucial role in providing the body with antioxidant chemicals. These substances may support growth and metabolism.
Vitamin C content in this fruit is exceptionally high. Growth, development, iron absorption, and immune system function all depend on vitamin C.
What are the Benefits of Pineapples Sexually?
Minerals, nutrients, dietary fibre, and bioactive substances are abundant in pineapple. As a consequence, pineapple has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and benefits for the neurological system and improved bowel movements.
Because of these components, pineapple is beneficial for:
- decreasing inflammation
- promoting the healing of wounds
- help with digestion
- Pain relief for arthritis
- promoting post-workout recovery
Benefits of Pineapple Sexually for Women
Over 20% of women have low sexual desire. The majority of afflicted individuals report lacking sexual desire, having problems getting an orgasm, or having unhappy sexual interactions.
These berries may benefit women:
- Boost libido
- boost sexual endurance
- control one’s lust
- enhancing the flavour and aroma of vaginal secretions
Pineapple is a well-known libido enhancer. Thiamine and vitamin C are present in significant levels. These are well recognised for boosting the body’s supply of energy and the happy hormones.
Both of these benefits of pineapple sexually might assist ladies in the bedroom. Eating pineapple may offer the body a boost of energy due to its high thiamine and vitamin C content, perhaps enhancing sexual stamina. (3)
In order to control a woman’s sexual drive, testosterone and estradiol are both essential. The ability of pineapple to stimulate hormone synthesis, especially testosterone levels, is one of the benefits of pineapple sexually. (4)
In addition, pineapple’s bromelain has potent anticancer properties. Its qualities could be useful for lowering the risk of breast cancer. Additionally, they may add some pineapple in their diets since many female breast cancer patients may notice that their sexual drive declines throughout treatment.
Pineapple is an excellent addition to anyone’s diet because of its aphrodisiac properties and positive effects on general health. To validate its effect on women’s sex desire, additional study is needed. The fruit could alter the taste and scent of a woman’s vaginal discharge, albeit there is no proof for this.
The pH of the vagina may be affected by several foods, such fruits and vegetables. Pineapple has a pleasant aroma and is good for general health.
Best 6 Benefits of Pineapple Sexually for Men
Lack of semen, seminal tubule degeneration, and loss of sex desire are potential effects of manganese insufficiency. You should increase your intake of foods high in manganese since a man’s libido often depends on this mineral.
The fact that pineapples are loaded with manganese and vitamin C is the fundamental reason why they are a good benefit of pineapples sexually for men. In only one cup of fresh pineapple chunks, you may obtain 109% of your daily recommended intake of manganese.
The following are a some of the most famous pineapple sexual benefits for men:
- heightened libido
- increased amounts of testosterone
- greater likelihood of conception
- Management of erectile dysfunction
- increased sexual endurance
- more sex smell
This fruit serves as thiamine nutrition for the body, making it a beneficial aphrodisiac for males. According to laboratory research, manganese at 0.1 mM may maintain healthy sperm motility. It also showed a favourable impact on sperm motility maintenance. (5) While a lack of libido and ejaculation might result from a manganese shortage.
These are some of the incredible sexual benefits of pineapple. Men’s testosterone levels may be somewhat increased with the aid of pineapple. This fruit contains bromelain, which is essential for a healthy synthesis of testosterone.
This was shown in studies where bromelain was shown to improve healing, lessen inflammation brought on by exercise, and reduce muscle damage. Additionally, this fruit is one of the greatest meals for guys since it is bursting with antioxidants. (6)
According to research, antioxidants increase a person’s chances of becoming pregnant and enhance serum sex hormone levels. For males who wish to enhance the incidence of spontaneous pregnancies, this is crucial.
It’s crucial to include vitamin C consumption when erectile dysfunction and pineapple are a topic of discussion. (7)
2018 publications claim that vitamin C improves erectile and testicular function. Low plasma vitamin C levels may be related to erectile and testicular dysfunction, according to certain research. In addition, vitamin C from fruits and vegetables may improve erectile dysfunction and testicular dysfunction by preventing nitric oxide from oxidising. (8)
A rapid energy boost that pineapples may provide for the body is another benefits for males. Men may experience an increase in sexual endurance as a result. This fruit may increase human desire and sexual stamina as well as sperm scent.
The sperm’s pH is raised, improving its flavour and odour as well as its bitterness. This fruit helps to eliminate mucus, making it a useful detoxifier.
Additional Health Benefits of Pineapples for Sexually
Vitamin C is the most notable nutrient in this fruit. This vitamin strengthens the immune system and provides antioxidant substances. Additionally, it may aid with weight reduction.
According to a 2018 animal experiment, pineapple juice may be used to prevent obesity. It could aid in accelerating fat breakdown and decreasing fat synthesis. However, more human study is required to validate these findings. (9)
This fruit’s potassium, fibre, and vitamin C levels may help maintain heart health. Pineapple’s bromelain may lessen nose edema and irritation. and aid in the body’s wound and burn healing. Experts claim that it may help lessen the symptoms of diarrhoea. (10)
Numerous cardiovascular conditions and osteoarthritis may be treated with bromelain. The fruit may help prevent osteoporosis and improve bone health. Fresh pineapple chunks provide a lot of ascorbic acid and vitamin C in only one cup.
This vitamin and antioxidant are essential for the production of collagen, which produces hydroxyapatite. binding the bone matrix cells collectively as a result.
To support general health, you still need to consume a nutritious diet that includes more fruits and vegetables. In other words, using pineapple to increase your vitamin C intake is practical.
Additionally, some individuals utilise pineapple to stop hair loss. The fruit may promote hair development by increasing blood flow to the scalp due to its high vitamin C content. However, there isn’t enough data to support this assertion.
Are there Any Side Effects of Pineapple?
Studies have shown that bromelain is efficiently absorbed by the body. Even after a long period, there are no severe negative effects from oral treatment. However, consuming too much pineapple might be harmful. The mouth begins to feel sore after overeating.
Its overeating may result in a variety of symptoms, including: (11)
- Abdomen ache
In addition, skin rashes, diarrhoea, vomiting, and increased menstrual flow might occur if you consume too much bromelain. Some of the medicines you take might interact with bromelain. primarily anticoagulants, antibiotics, tricyclic antidepressants, and medicines for sleeplessness.
In light of that, you need to refrain from ingesting or drinking immature fruit, such as unripe pineapple juice. Unripe foods may induce noticeable diarrhoea and vomiting.
In addition, exposure to excessive manganese levels may reduce male fertility. For both male and female mice, consuming too much may have negative consequences on fertility and reproduction. So, see a physician before using pineapple for sexual health.
How to Use Pineapples for Improved Sexual Health
This luscious fruit may be eaten in a variety of ways. You may prepare a glass of pineapple juice that is fresh. If you’d like a snack, you may chop the fruit into large pieces and grill the slices to serve as a side dish.
Naturally, you may have it as a snack while on the road. There are many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in fresh pineapple. And it has a natural sweetness to it that makes you want more.
In general, individuals should eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. This might support their continued good health.
However, you shouldn’t consume more than 1.5 cups of pineapple every day if you’re attempting to improve your sexual health. Pick a pineapple whose top leaves are not fading if you want a flawless one. Before eating the fruit, set it out on the table to ripen.
Immediately after chopping the fruit, place it in the refrigerator, preferably in an airtight container. Supplements containing bromelain are also used by people. This enzyme combination is made from the pineapple plant’s fruit, stem, and juice. It is often used to treat kidney stones, stiffness, and muscular discomfort.
In actuality, pineapples are more complex than first seems. This fruit’s enzyme, bromelain, may raise T levels and sex desire. Both men and women may profit from the advantages of pineapple in the sexual department. Pineapple may aid men with erectile and testicular problems. The fruit is a noteworthy libido enhancer for both sexes. Additionally, it may enhance both sexual odour and endurance.
But there is little data on pineapple’s effects on sexual health. And this fruit can’t completely transform your sexual life on its own. You must also consume other nutritious foods.
So you may include this fruit in your diet if you intend to utilise it. Just be careful not to overeat since doing so might cause nausea and vomiting as well as other digestive issues.
- Mohd Ali M, Hashim N, Abd Aziz S, Lasekan O. Pineapple (Ananas comosus): A comprehensive review of nutritional values, volatile compounds, health benefits, and potential food products. Food Res Int. 2020. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33233252/
- Palacios S, Soler E, Ramírez M, Lilue M, Khorsandi D, Losa F. Effect of a multi-ingredient based food supplement on sexual function in women with low sexual desire. BMC Womens Health. 2019 Apr. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6492381/
- Benton D, Donohoe RT. The effects of nutrients on mood. Public Health Nutr. 1999 Sep;2(3A):403-9. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10610080/
- Cappelletti M, Wallen K. Increasing women’s sexual desire: The comparative effectiveness of estrogens and androgens. Horm Behav. 2016 Feb. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4720522/
- Li Y, Wu J, Zhou W, Gao E. Effects of manganese on routine semen quality parameters: results from a population-based study in China. BMC Public Health. 2012 Oct. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3505748/
- Shing CM, Chong S, Driller MW, Fell JW. Acute protease supplementation effects on muscle damage and recovery across consecutive days of cycle racing. Eur J Sport Sci. 2016. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25604346/
- Saylam B, Çayan S. Do antioxidants improve serum sex hormones and total motile sperm count in idiopathic infertile men? Turk J Urol. 2020. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7608537/
- Kehinde OS, Christianah OI, Oyetunji OA. Ascorbic acid and sodium benzoate synergistically aggravates testicular dysfunction in adult Wistar rats. Int J Physiol Pathophysiol Pharmacol. 2018. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5871628/
- El-Shazly SA, Ahmed MM, Al-Harbi MS, Alkafafy ME, El-Sawy HB, Amer SAM. Physiological and molecular study on the anti-obesity effects of pineapple (Ananas comosus) juice in male Wistar rat. Food Sci Biotechnol. 2018 Apr. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30319853/
- Pavan R, Jain S, Shraddha, Kumar A. Properties and therapeutic application of bromelain: a review. Biotechnol Res Int. 2012. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529416/
- Hikisz P, Bernasinska-Slomczewska J. Beneficial Properties of Bromelain. Nutrients. 2021 Nov. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8709142/